1. Customized, Personal Wealth Plan: The first step in financial coaching is to design a strategic wealth building plan that capitalizes on your competitive advantage. It is based on your unique skills, values, resources, and interests, and it includes at least two of the three paths to wealth – paper assets, real estate or owning your own business. It will be carefully engineered over a period of weeks thus providing a road-map to wealth so that you know exactly where you are going and have your hands firmly on the wheel.
2. Consistent Results: Having a plan of action is only half the battle: moving consistently toward the desired target is the other key to success. The weekly accountability provided by financial coaching maintains focus so that procrastination is eliminated and life distractions no longer get in the way. You get more done every week thus producing consistent results.
3. Increased Efficiency: Eliminating wasteful distraction is how you make room in your busy life for more focused action on your wealth plan. The key is to eliminate clutter and focus primarily on the critical issues thus increasing efficiency. Clarity is power.
4. Reduce Mistakes: The brainstorming and vetting process during financial coaching helps you avoid mistakes and control procrastination on the difficult issues that cost you big time. With an experienced coach as your collaboration partner you benefit not only from your coach’s personal experience, but also the experience of hundreds of clients that walked the path before you. Why learn from your own mistakes when there is a better way?
5. Lasting Change: Financial coaching works from the inside-out revealing the root causes of financial problems thus providing lasting change. It is not a “seminar high” or “feel-good” process that results in a temporary fix. Instead, it works at a deep level to produce change that will benefit you long after the coaching relationship ends.
6. Personal Confidant: Each regularly scheduled financial coaching session provides a confidential forum with an expert dedicated exclusively to your agenda (without a conflicting agenda). You will enjoy private, non-judgmental conversations that challenge you to play smarter without telling you what to do. Many clients consider these coaching appointments sacrosanct because it is the only time where you work exclusively on your vision and goals with no distractions or conflicting interests.
7. Greater Happiness and Balance: You are a congruent whole: there is no separating how you do the small things from how you do the big things. For that reason financial coaching explicitly works on financial goals while also positively impacting your whole life – including relationships, health and much more. The result is increased self-awareness so that you integrate all aspects of your life into a balanced, cohesive plan. This reduces conflict and increases happiness
8. Accelerated Growth: Everything is either growing or dying – no exceptions. You start coaching because you want change, and change means growth. Coaching provides a supportive environment for accelerated growth where risk is carefully managed to help you stretch to your greatest ability – without additional stress.
9. Better Problem Solving: Problems and obstacles are a natural part of growth: you can’t have one without the other. Financial coaching provides an expert brainstorming partner that sources your inner wisdom helping you identify critical factors and locate best solutions. Your financial coach serves as an outside observer helping you make course corrections, avoid detours and see opportunities you otherwise might have overlooked.
10. Creative Alternatives: Success seldom results from following conventional wisdom, but unproven paths can be risky. It’s an art form to match creative alternatives to changing times so that you produce a competitive advantage instead of a foolish dead-end path. You financial coach stands above the forest while you cut down the trees so that he can challenge old, ineffective belief systems by introducing more productive alternatives while also keeping you on track toward your goal without getting lost in meaningless diversions.